What Information Do We Collect?
In describing the information we collect, the term “personal information” refers to information that tells us specifically who you are, such as your name, company name, phone number, email or postal address. In many cases we need this information to provide the products or services that you have requested. Unless necessary to provide our products and services, the amount of personal information that you choose to disclose to MariaDB is completely up to you. The only way we know something about you personally is if you provide it to us. In order to process certain transactions, we may also need to collect payment information from you (e.g., credit card information) which will not be shared with anyone outside of MariaDB, its affiliates and the financial institutions and vendors used to process payments. We do not intentionally collect any sensitive information, such as information concerning race, religion, health, sexual orientation or political beliefs. Please do not send any sensitive personal information to us.
We receive and store any information you voluntarily communicate to us in connection with your use of our Sites or which you may voluntarily communicate to us in any other fashion. You may choose not to provide certain information we request from you. However, if you so elect, we may not be able to provide our products and services, and you might not be able to access or take full advantage of the features and functionality of the Site. Once you initiate a voluntary transaction, we will ask you for certain information depending upon the nature of the transaction in question. For example:
- When you request our products or services, we may collect your name, job title/rank, company name, address, mobile/phone number, social media account names, and email address and any other relevant information needed to contact you.
- When you contact us concerning downloads or with general inquiries, we ask for the information we need in order to answer your question as quickly and as accurately as we can. We ask for your email address in order to be able to reply directly or to ask for additional information necessary to respond to your question.
- When you submit a request to receive our newsletter, we ask for your email address to deliver the newsletter.
- We may ask for your name, job title/rank, company name, email address, social media account, phone number, address and/or country to register you to attend our webinars or conferences upon your request.
- When you participate in chat discussions or other public forums on the Site, any information posted in these areas of the Site becomes public information, and you should exercise care when disclosing personal information.
- We may use information collected about you to protect our rights and to investigate and prevent fraud or other illegal activities and for any other purpose disclosed to you in connection with our Services.
- Log data. As with most websites and technology services delivered over the Internet, our servers automatically collect information when you access or use our Sites or Services and record it in log files. This log data may include the Internet Protocol (IP) address, the address of the web page visited before using the Site or Services, browser type and settings, the date and time the Services were used, information about browser configuration and plugins, language preferences and cookie data.
- Device information. MariaDB collects information about devices accessing the Services, including type of device, what operating system is used, device settings, application IDs, unique device identifiers and crash data. Whether we collect some or all of this other information often depends on the type of device used and its settings.
- Location information. We receive information from you, your customer and other third-parties that helps us approximate your location. We may, for example, use a business address submitted by your employer, or an IP address received from your browser or device to determine approximate location. MariaDB may also collect location information from devices in accordance with the consent process provided by your device.
- Information from third parties. From time to time, we may also receive personal information about you from our business partners and affiliates and add it to our account information about you.
What is a Cookie?
How Do We Process The Information We Collect?
Until you initiate a voluntary transaction with us, we do not collect any personal information about you. The information we collect is used to provide you with our products and Services; enable us to communicate with you; process requests for information or otherwise as necessary to perform an agreement between you and MariaDB; improve or add features, functionality and content to our Site; provide you with a more personalized experience at the Site. We may also use your Information to send you marketing offers related to our new products, services and/or special offers or updates or improvements to our existing products and Services as long as you have expressly consented to receiving these or in case we have received your information in the course of a purchase of our products and Services and we limit such marketing communication to similar MariaDB products and services. You may opt-out at any time from receiving marketing information from us in the manner described below.
Email and Other Correspondence
We may send you email or other forms of correspondence that are intended to notify you of our new products, services, special offers or updates or improvements to our existing products and services. You have the right to “opt-out” and prohibit use of your personal information for direct marketing purposes. If you prefer not receive any such email correspondence or marketing information concerning our products and services, please contact us email@example.com?or click “unsubscribe” as instructed in any email from us.
Using Your Personal Information
The information that we collect from you via the Site and otherwise is an integral part of our business, and MariaDB is not in the business of selling or renting your personal information to third parties.
We may share information collected about you with any member of our group of companies. This information shall be transferred in order to allow us to provide our Services to you, where other companies within our group perform components of the full Service offering. Such other services include customer support, internal audit, training and professional services.
Transferring Information Internationally
Partners and Third Parties
Sale of Business
As we develop, expand and improve our lines of business, we may disclose information collected about you with third parties in connection with any merger, sale of company shares or assets, financing, acquisition, divestiture, or dissolution of all or a portion of our business. You acknowledge that any acquirer or successor of MariaDB may continue to use your information as set forth in this policy.
Disclosure Required by Law
We may also disclose information collected about you if (i) disclosure is necessary to comply with any applicable law or regulation; (ii) to enforce applicable terms and conditions or policies; (iii) to protect the security or integrity of our Services; and (iv) if we believe such disclosure is necessary to protect our rights.
Disclosure With Your Consent
Other than as described in the foregoing, you will receive prior notice from us in the event we propose to share your personal information with third parties, and you will have a reasonable opportunity to give us such explicit consent.
“Opt Out” and Complaint Procedures
In addition to the options made available to you when we collect information (if any), you may elect to “opt out” of having your personal information shared with third parties (except for uses specifically requested by you and necessary business uses). You must submit a request (by mail, email, fax, or telephone) to us in one of the following ways:
- By Mail: MariaDB Corporation Ab, Tekniikantie 12, 02150 Espoo, Finland
- By Email:?firstname.lastname@example.org
- By Phone: +1 855-562-7423
We will update the specific records related to your request as promptly as practical. Note, however, that you may receive additional communications after you submit your request while we process the request.
Your Right to Data Access, Inquiries and Complaints
We want any information you provide to be correct so you have the right to request the correction or update of personal information that we hold about you. You have the right to direct us not to perform any of the procedures of collecting, storing or sharing of your information at any time.?In such a case, you may not be able to engage in an activity on the Site or MariaDB may not be able to provide its products and services to you.?You also may object to the use of your personal information for marketing purposes at any time without giving reasons via email email@example.com.
GDPR affords EU data subjects with additional rights that are summarized below. In order to assert any of these rights, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org?at any time.
Right of Confirmation: You have the right to obtain from us confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning you are being processed.
Right to Access Your Data: You can ask us for a copy of your personal data and can ask for a copy of personal data you provided in machine readable format.
Object to, or Limit or Restrict, Use of Data: You can ask us to stop using all or some of your personal data or to limit our use of it.
Amend Data: You can request the correction or update of personal data that we hold about you.
Right to Erasure (Right to Be Forgotten): You can ask us to erase or delete all or some of your personal data.
Right to Individual Decision Making, Including Profiling: You have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on an automated processing, including profiling.
Data Portability: You have the right to transmit the data to another controller without hindrance from MariaDB.
If you are not satisfied, you have the right to lodge a complaint with The Office of the Data Protection Ombudsman of Finland. MariaDB will cooperate fully with any such investigation and endeavor to satisfy all queries as fully as possible.
We reserve the right to reject or remove any information or content posted on our Site at our sole discretion.
We shall retain certain records of the information collected about you for a period of five (5) years after termination of your account. Otherwise, we reserve the right to delete and destroy all of the information collected about you upon termination of your account unless you request otherwise.
Notwithstanding the above, you have the right to request the deletion of your data. Depending on the Services that we have provided to you, we may be required to hold certain data for five (5) years from the date of request of deletion of data, for legal purposes. We cannot continue to provide our Service to you if you request the deletion of your data.
You can request the deletion of your data as described above.
We are committed to ensuring that the information collected about you is secure. Our Site has commercially reasonable security measures in place including administrative, technical and physical procedures, to protect your information against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. However, you should keep in mind that this Site is run on software, hardware, and networks, any component of which may, from time to time, require maintenance, experience problems or breaches of security. Should you have any particular concerns about a particular method of data processing, we may take reasonable steps to provide an alternative method. This high level of security can only be effective if you follow certain security practices yourself including never sharing your account details with anyone. If you believe that any of your account details have been exposed, you can change your password at any time through our Site, as well as contact our customer service.
What About Links to Other Websites?
Our Sites and mobile applications contain links to other websites that are not under our control. These websites have their own policies regarding privacy. We encourage our users to be aware when they are leaving the website and to read the privacy statements of any third-party website that collects personally identifiable information. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these privacy statements.
About Children’s Privacy
Our website is intended for a general audience and is not directed to children under the age of 16. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 16.
California Privacy Statement
SUMMARY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
Depending on how you interact with us, we may collect the following categories of information as summarized in the table below. This Supplemental Notice also does not apply to personal information we collect from employees or job applicants in their capacity as employees or job applicants. It also does not apply to personal information we collect from employees, owners, directors, officers, or contractors of businesses in the course of our provision or receipt of business-related services.
The personal information we collect about you (as categorized below) comes from your interaction with our services.
- Personal Identifiers (such as name, physical address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address or other similar identifiers)
- Financial and Commercial Information (such as billing data when you make a purchase, records and history of products or services purchased or considered.)
- Location Information (inferred from your IP address)
- Professional/Employment Information (such as the name of your employer and your title)
- Legally Protected Classifications (such as your correspondence salutation)
- Other Identifying Information (such as cookies used for website performance analytics)
CATEGORIES OF BUSINESS/COMMERCIAL PURPOSES FOR OUR USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
All of the categories of personal information we collect about you (as detailed above) are used for the following purposes:
- Providing our services (for example, account servicing and maintenance, customer service, advertising and marketing, analytics, and communication about our services)
- For our operational purposes, and the operational purposes of our service providers and integration partners
- Improving our existing services and developing new services (e.g., by conducting research to develop new products or features)
- Detecting, protecting against, and prosecuting security incidents and fraudulent or illegal activity
- Bug detection, error reporting, and activities to maintain the quality or safety of our services
- Auditing consumer interactions on our site (for example, measuring ad impressions)
- Short-term, transient use, such as customizing content that we or our service providers display on the services?
- Other uses that we notify you about
CALIFORNIA RIGHTS AND CHOICES
Subject to certain restrictions, as a California resident, you have the right to request that we disclose what personal information we collect about you, to delete any personal information that we collected from or maintain about you, and to opt-out of the sale of personal information about you. You also have the right to designate an agent to exercise these rights on your behalf, subject to verification of that agency relationship. This section describes how to exercise those rights and our process for handling those requests, including our means of verifying your identity. If you would like further information regarding your legal rights under applicable law or would like to exercise any of them, please contact us at email@example.com. While email is the best way to reach us, you may also call us toll-free at +1 855-562-7423.
Accessing and Deleting Your Personal Information
Right to request access to your personal information
California residents have the right to request that we disclose what categories of personal information that we collect, use, or sell about you. You may also request the specific pieces of personal information that we have collected about you. However, we may withhold some information where the risk to you, your personal information, or our business is too great to disclose the information.
Right to request deletion of your personal information
You may also request that we delete any personal information that we have collected from/about you. However, we may retain personal information as authorized under applicable law, such as personal information required as necessary to provide our services, protect our business and systems from fraudulent activity, to debug and identify errors that impair existing functionality, as necessary for us, or others, to exercise their free speech or other rights, comply with law enforcement requests pursuant to lawful process, for scientific or historical research, for our own internal purposes reasonably related to your relationship with us, or to comply with legal obligations. We need certain types of information so that we can provide our services. If you ask us to delete it, you may no longer be able to access or use our services.
How to exercise your access and deletion rights
California residents may exercise their California privacy rights by submitting your request via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. While email is the best way to reach us, you may also call us toll-free at +1 855-562-7423.
For security purposes, we may request additional information from you to verify your identity when you request to exercise your California privacy rights.
If you have an online account with us, logging into your account will serve to verify your identity and request, although we may request additional information if we believe your account has been compromised. If you do not have an account with us, or if we have reason to suspect that the security of your account is compromised, we will request additional information from you to match with our existing records to verify your identity, depending on the nature of the request and the sensitivity of the information sought.
Sales of Personal Information
California residents may opt out of the “sale” of their personal information. We do not “sell” your personal information as we understand that term to be defined by the California Consumer Privacy Act and its implementing regulations.
California residents have the right to not be discriminated against for exercising their rights as described in this section. We will not discriminate against you for exercising your CCPA rights.
Notification of Changes
How to Contact Us